Get a jump on the summer grilling season by preparing this Freezer Meals Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe. Stock up on boneless chicken breasts while they are on sale then pack the freezer full of meal size portions so you can get dinner on the table quickly.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed of all fat
- 1/2 cup lime juice, (about 4 small limes)
- zest from the limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- Prepare the chicken by trimming the fat and pounding each breast half flat with a mallet.
- Place the chicken in a gallon size ziplock bag. Set aside.
- In a spouted measuring cup mix the lime juice, zest, olive oil, pepper, sugar, salt, and garlic.
- Chop the cilantro and mix into the other ingredients in the measuring cup.
- Pour the marinade into the zip lock bag.
- Remove most of the air from the bag and squeeze to evenly cover the chicken with the marinade.
- Flatten the chicken into a single layer and place on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid.
- Remove from cookie sheet once frozen. Store in the freezer for up to three months.
- Serves 4.
- How to Cook Freezer Meals Cilantro Lime Chicken
- To cook the chicken heat a grill to medium-high. Cook the chicken until no longer pink in the center or until the internal temperature has reached 165 F. degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Alternatively, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat, cook each side about 8 minutes or until no longer pink at the thickest section or until the thickest section is 165 F. degrees on a meat thermometor.
- Category: Freezer Meals
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast
- Calories: 468