Freezer Meal BBQ Cranberry Chicken is a great make-ahead crock pot chicken recipe perfect for the hot summer months when you are craving barbecue chicken but don't want to mess around with the grill?
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 can of whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup of favorite barbeque sauce (I used Sonny's Sweet BBQ sauce)
- 1 tablespoon dry minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Trim the fat from the boneless chicken breasts (if using chicken breasts) and place into a ziplock freezer bag or prepare a FoodSaver vacuum bag.
- Place the boneless chicken into the bag.
- Add the dry minced onion, salt, and pepper to the freezer bag.
- Pour the cranberry sauce and barbeque sauce into the bag.
- Carefully squash the bag to cover the chicken with the sauce.
- Seal the FoodSaver vacuum bag (if using) or close ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Place bag on a cookie sheet or a flat area inside the freezer.
- Freeze up to 4 months.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast
- Calories: 588
Keywords: chicken freezer meals, crock pot chicken freezer meals, crock pot freezer meals