DIY Festive Christmas Candles
Making DIY Christmas decorations is so much fun. If you are looking for some easy Christmas Candle Decorating Ideas you can brighten up a mantle or a Christmas display with these DIY Festive Christmas Candles.
You can easily decorate inexpensive pillar candles with a few crafts supplies to make one of a kind Christmas Candles for your home. These DIY Christmas Pillar Candles even make great handmade gifts or hostess gifts.
Gather your supplies. I picked up the supplies I used as various stores. Joann’s, the Dollar Tree, Walmart, and Target is where I shopped for the supplies I used.
I picked up a 3 pack of unscented Pillar candles in 3 sizes at Walmart. It was the cheapest place I found and I looked everywhere.
Once you have all the supplies laid out think about the color combinations you’d like to use. I fell in love with the Birch Bark Ribbon and based my Christmas candle theme on it.
The colors and texture of nature were calling to me the day I was shopping for my Christmas Candle Decorating Supplies.
Next make a mini bundle by cutting apart the Christmas floral picks and wrapping the bottom of the stem with a piece of twine.
If you love easy & amazing recipes join the Flour On My Face Newsletter and get each of my new recipes delivered right to your inbox.
Trim off the extra length of wire at the bottom.
Decide where you want to attach the bundle on the candle by moving it around to see where it looks best. Attach the Christmas floral pick bundle to candle with the hot glue gun.
Trim the excess twine with a scissor.
Cut a piece of burlap ribbon to fit around the candle with an extra half inch to allow a fold over at the ends.
Attach three mini pine cones at the bottom of the wire bundle with hot glue.
Attach the burlap ribbon so it covers the excess glue and ends of the floral wire. Wrap the burlap ribbon around the back of the candle.
Fold over 1/4 inch on each end and secure with hot glue, overlapping the ends slightly.
Finish off the Christmas Candle decorations with a piece of colorful Christmas rope by measuring a piece that will wrap around the back of the candle so the ends meet up evenly.
Glue the rope in place with hot glue. Fashion a bow with another piece of ribbon or burlap rope and glue it directly below the pinecones. Let the glue harden. Remove any glue strings that may be hanging off.
Your DIY Christmas Candle is ready to decorate your Christmas display.
Disclosure: Links are affiliate links. I will earn a small commission if you make a purchase.
How to make Decorative DIY Christmas Candles
- White Pillar Candles or flame-less candles
- assorted Christmas floral picks
- Birch Bark Ribbon
- wide burlap wire ribbon
- narrow burlap ribbon
- burlap twine
- mini pine cones
- red & green twine ribbon
- low temp glue gun
- glue sticks
- Cut a piece of wide burlap ribbon or birch bark ribbon that will wrap around the candle with a small overlap in the back.
- Glue the ribbon or bark to the candle with the low temp hot glue.
- Cut stems off of the Christmas floral picks then arrange them in a mini bouquet in a pleasing pattern.
- Wrap a piece of twine around the end of the little bouquet you’ve made with the pick pieces and tie into a knot to secure the bouquet. Trim the ends of the ribbon close to the bundle.
- Center the bouquet on top of the burlap ribbon or bark and glue into place.
- Embellish with mini pine cones, ribbon or pieces from the floral picks.
- Meant for decorative use only.