Add a little fun to your Elf on the Shelf activities this Christmas with these easy Elf On The Shelf OREO Cookie Balls
- Crush OREO cookies in a food processor until fine
- Add 4 ounces of cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until combined well.
- Form truffle balls by scooping filling with a small dough scoop or a teaspoon.
- Place each Oreo cookie ball onto a cookies sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Once all OREO cookie balls have been formed place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- While dough is firming up melt 1 package candy melts with 1 1/2-2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening.
- Dip each OREO Truffle in the melted candy coating, set on parchment lined cookie sheet and insert a Wilton Elf on the Shelf icing decoration in center. (Found at Joanns and Target)
- Allow chocolate coating to harden. Once the coating has hardened melt the 1/4 cup of red candy melts in a sandwich bag. Snip a corner and drizzle each cookie ball with the melted chocolate. Repeat with 1/4 cup white candy melts. Allow the drizzle to harden before serving.
This batch will make about 36 cookie balls. The decorations come 12 to a packages. For the remaining cookie balls dip in the melted candy coating and decorated with a drizzle of white and red candy melts.
- Serving Size: 2 Pieces
- Calories: 119