Easy Lemon Curd Recipe
Homemade Lemon Curd is easy to make and tastes divine on a muffin or scone. This easy lemon curd recipe is shockingly easy to make and you will impress the family or guests when you serve it with muffins at breakfast.
- 4 tablespoons fine lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Zest and juice approximately 3 large lemons. (You may need more or less depending on the size of the lemons.)
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand-held mixer beat the lemon zest and sugar 2 minutes, to release the oils.
- Add the butter and beat for about 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl in between.
- Beat for 2 minutes until a light yellow.
- Add the lemon juice and beat for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart stainless steel saucepan.
- Heat on medium high, whisking all the time and bring to a low boil.
- Cook continually whisking until thickened, about 4 minutes. Using an instant-read thermometer make sure it has reached at least 175 F. degrees.
- Lemon curd should be the consistency of a cream sauce.
- Transfer from the hot pot to a large bowl without scrapping any darkened bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the lemon curd into a mason jar or bowl and refrigerate.
- Keeps for about 2 weeks refrigerated.
- Makes about 24 ounces.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 10.6g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 6.9g
Keywords: easy lemon curd recipe, homemade lemon curd recipe, how to make lemon curd, simple homemade lemon curd recipe