This easy Shepherd’s Pie Casserole recipe comes together in just a few minutes. Browning the ground beef is as long as it takes to make when using instant mashed potatoes. Once you assemble the layers of beef, potatoes, corn and cheese you can heat it in the microwave to melt the cheese or if making a larger casserole in can be heated in the oven. Shepherd’s Pie Casserole also makes a great freezer meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 servings prepared instant mashed potatoes
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 8 oz medium cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown the ground beef. add some spices. I like to use garlic salt and everglades seasoning. While cooking the ground beef cook the instant mashed potatoes following the directions on the box.
- When the potatoes are done speread them evenly in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Drain the ground beef well.
- Spread the seasoned ground beef over the mashed potatoes.
- evenly spread the can of corn over the beef.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the corn.
- Bake on 375 until the cheese is melted or in the microwave for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 460
- Carbohydrates: 47.1g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 30.8g
Keywords: Shepherds Pie Casserole Recipe, Ground Beef Casserole, Ground Beef Freezer Meal,