Take the work out of your holiday meals by making these crock pot greens beans with fresh green beans and let the slow cooker do all the work for you!
- 1–2 lbs fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 5 slices of bacon, a chunk of fat back,or a leftover ham bone with meat attached
- 7 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the crock pot up on high
- Add the butter, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans to the crock pot.
- Add about 7 cups of water or enough water to cover the green beans.
- Cook on high for 4 hours. Low for 6-8 hours
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Category: Crock Pot Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 208