- 1 bag of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes
- 10 pieces bacon, fried crisp and chopped roughly
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely diced garlic
- 1/4–1/2 cup sour cream
- green onions (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- Cook the bacon, roughly chop and set aside.
- Thinly slice green onion if using to garnish and set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium and add a thin layer of oil to cover the bottom of a skillet.
- Pour potatoes into the skillet, add chopped garlic and lightly salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes covered, stirring occasionally every 3-4 minutes for 15 minutes.
- After fifteen minutes add half the roughly chopped bacon and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar cheese over the top of the potatoes, replace lid and cook another 5-10 minutes without stirring until the cheese has melted.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- When serving add a dollop of sour cream to each serving, sprinkle some chopped bacon and green onion (if using) over the sour cream.
- Makes an easy side dish that will serve 4.