Impress your family and guests with this beautiful multicolored JELLO Poke Cake for Spring or Easter
- 1 box Duncan Hines Spring Velvets Cake mix or a White Cake Mix
- 2 –3 oz boxes blue JELLO
- 2 containers Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting
- food coloring if using white cake mix
- parchment paper
- Prepare cake pans by lining with parchment paper, greasing and lightly flouring.
- Bake the cake following the directions on the box.
- Cool completely.
- Leave cakes in the pans.
- Dissolve both boxes of blue JELLO in 2 1/2 cups of boiling water and cool.
- Poke holes all over the top of both cakes.
- Carefully pour the JELLO into each hole.
- Cover and chill 4 hours at least or overnight.
- Remove the first layer of cake from the pan and peel off the parchment paper.
- Place cake on a plate or cake stand.
- Frost the top of the first layer.
- Place the second layer on top of the first cake layer.
- Frost the sides of the entire cake.
- Use remaining frosting to frost the top of the cake.
- Chill before serving.