DEEP BLUE Cake Pops Waterfire Saga
Make these DEEP BLUE Cake Pops to celebrate the release of the Waterfire Saga by Lisa Donnelly.
- Make the cake following the directions on the box. Adding the gel food coloring to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mixing the cake following the directions. Bake as directed and allow the cake to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cold to the touch using a fork break the cake up until it is nothing but fine crumbs. If the edges of the cake are a bit hard and will not crumble remove them from the bowl.
- Using a large spoon add about 2 heaping tablespoons of frosting at a time to the bowl. After each addition of frosting mix well until the crumbs and frosting start forming a paste like texture.
- Once your cake and frosting have reached the perfect consistency scoop a heaping teaspoon of cake pop filling up and roll it into a ball.
- Place the cake pop balls on a cookie sheet. Chill the cake pop balls in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to firm up. While the cake pop balls are firming up melt one bag white candy melts with 2 tablespoons of crisco in a small but deep container.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick into the melted candy melts and insert it into a cake pop ball about 1/3 of the way into the center. Repeat for the remaining cake pops. This will help secure the stick to the cake pop. Allow the melted chocolate to set up about 10 minutes.
- Firmly hold the end on a lollipop stick and plunge the cake pop down into the melted chocolate up to the lollipop stick. Gently pull the cake pop out of the melted chocolate slowly twirling the lollipop stick so the excess chocolate drips back into the bowl.
- Place the cake pop onto a cookie sheet that has been covered with parchment or wax paper. Repeat with the remaining cake pops.
- Allow the candy coating to firm up completely. This may take an hour or two depending on the temperature of your home.
- Decorate with melted dark blue candy melts if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Cake Pop
- Calories: 170