Crock Pot Vegetable Lasagna recipe is one of my new favorite crock pot vegetarian recipes. The first time I made this Vegetable Lasagna recipe I made it in an 8 x 8 baking pan and had one of my worst kitchen blunders happen the next day.
- 4 small yellow squash
- 4 small zucchini
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12–16 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb block mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Roughly chop 1 yellow squash and 1 zucchini.
- In a sauce pot sauté the chopped squash, garlic, and onion in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add sauce to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30-45 minutes.
- Thinly slice the remaining squash using a mandolin.
- In a bowl beat the egg and add the ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble the vegetable lasagna in the bottom of your crock pot using the following steps.
- Spread a scant 1/4 cup of the sauce over the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a single layer cover the sauce with a layer of yellow squash slices.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of sauce over the squash.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the ricotta cheese mixture.
- Top with a layer of cheese.
- Repeat 3 more times, ending with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on high for one hour. Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 3 hours or until the center is cooked through and the squash is tender.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian (Vegetarian)
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 444