Crock Pot Unstuffed Cabbage
Crock Pot Unstuffed Cabbage is all the flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls without all the work of rolling the filling into a cabbage roll. Simply brown the ground beef and put all the ingredients into a crock pot. Slow cook until the cabbage is tender and enjoy a home-cooked comfort meal with out all the work.
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cored and cut into pieces and rinsed well
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 large cloves minced garlic, (1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans condensed Tomato Soup (10 oz cans)
- 1 cup of water
- Place the ground beef in a skillet and season with salt, and pepper. Brown for about 5 minutes and add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet. Continue to brown the meat until no longer pink.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and drain the ground beef.
- Cut the cabbage in quarters and with a sharp knife remove the core. On a cutting mat or board cut the pieces of cabbage into large pieces. Place the cabbage pieces into a clean colander and rinse well. Allow the moisture to drain.
- Place half of the cabbage pieces into the bottom of a crock pot. I used a 7-quart slow cooker.
- Add half the ground beef, the teaspoon of salt and pepper and one teaspoon of garlic powder and the diced tomatoes to the crock pot.
- Layer the remaining cabbage pieces to the crock pot and spread the remaining ground beef over the cabbage.
- In a small bowl or a spouted measuring cup combine the two cans of condensed tomato soup and 1 cup of water. Pour the mixture over the rest of the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours or until the cabbage is tender.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Serve with cooked white rice is desired.
- Calories: 282
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 29g
Keywords: Crock Pot Unstuffed Cabbage, Unstuffed Cabbage recipe, Unstuffed Cabbage Casserole, Unstuffed Cabbage Soup recipe