Pull out that slow cooker and make this Crock Pot Turkey Meatball Soup. Homemade turkey meatballs are delicious and very easy to make.
- 5 Italian Turkey Sausage, casing removed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup mini carrots
- 2 small yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thickly sliced
- 10 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- Mix the first 6 ingredients well. Form into small meatballs, about 24. Brown in a skillet with the olive oil.
- Pour the chicken broth into the crock pot set on low.
- Add the meatballs and the next 9 ingredients to the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add the beans and diced tomatoes to the crock pot and turn the crock pot up to high.
- Cook on high for an hour.