Crock Pot Turkey Chili is a delicious meal using ground turkey and a dried bean mix that has a perfect combination of chili beans. The sauce is thick and flavorful. Turkey chili is perfect for lunch or dinner. Top a bowl with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- 15.5 oz bag Hursts Slow Cooker Chili Beans
- 1 lb ground turkey, browned, see notes on substitutions
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 medium tomatoes diced or 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 7 cups chicken broth, turkey broth or water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cool water
- Dice the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and mince the garlic if using fresh.
- In a large skillet cook the ground turkey for about 3 minutes, breaking it up into small pieces then add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet.
- Continue cooking until the turkey is no longer pink. Set aside while prepping the beans.
- Open the bag of Hurst's Slow Cooker Chili mix and remove the seasoning packet and set aside.
- Rinse the dried beans under cold running water. Pick out any debris and discard.
- Cook the ground turkey and prep the beans.
- Pour the rinsed dried beans into an 8-quart crock pot.
- Add the browned ground turkey, onion, and garlic to the crock pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Open the chili seasoning packet and add to the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth, turkey broth, or water into the crock pot. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 6 to 8 hours or until the beans are tender. If cooking on low cook for 8 to 10 hours or until the beans are tender.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Calories: 252
- Carbohydrates: 30.9g
- Fiber: 9.2g
- Protein: 21.1g
Keywords: Crock Pot Turkey Chili, Homemade Chili, Turkey Chili recipe, crock pot recipe