Easy Crock Pot Tamale Pie recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained well
- 1 10 oz can Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can southwestern corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 2 cups Mexican style shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Add ground beef, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic to a 6 quart crock pot and mix well.
- Add corn, black beans, enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese to the crock pot and mix well.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese over top.
- Mix corn bread mix as directed.
- Drop by spoon fulls over top of ingredients in crock pot and spread it into an even layer.
- Place a triple layer of paper towels over the top of the crock pot.
- Place crock pot lid on and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Check corn bread for doneness by inserting a tooth pick in the center. If done sprinkle remaining cheese over top, replace paper towels and cook until cheese is melted.
- If corn bread is not done replace paper towels and cook another 30 minutes or until done. Once done cover with cheese and cook until melted.
- Serve with spanish rice or favorite side dish.
- Garnish with sour cream and green onions if desired.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican