Crock Pot Taco Pie recipe is one of my favorite Mexican casserole recipes I make in my slow cooker.
- 1.5 pounds ground beef, browned and drained very well
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 small finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 ounces shredded Velveeta
- 8.5-ounce box corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 8 ounces shredded pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- Add the first 9 ingredients to the crock pot and stir well.
- Mix the cornbread mix with the egg and milk.
- Using a tablespoon drop the cornbread batter over the top of the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover crock pot with a double layer of paper towels to prevent the moisture that forms on the inside of the lid from dripping into the crock pot as it cooks.
- Cook on high 4 hours.
- Makes about 9 servings.
- Calories: 455