Crock Pot Spoon Bread Georgia Southern Style
This Crock Pot Spoon Bread recipe is a slightly sweet cornbread with pickled jalapeno peppers for a little spice.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 17 oz can of creamed corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup diced pickled jalapeno peppers
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the buttermilk and oil.
- Add the can of creamed corn, yellow cornmeal, shredded cheese, baking powder and salt to the bowl. Mix well with a large spoon until combined.
- Add the diced jalapeno peppers and fold in.
- Grease the inside of a 6-quart crock pot with vegetable oil. Pour the mixture into the crock pot.
- Lay a double layer of paper towels over the top of the crock pot and secure the lid so it traps the paper towels and seals the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Serve warm from the crock pot.
- Category: Crock Pot Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 214
Keywords: Spoon Bread Recipe, Southern Corn Bread Casserole. Spicy Cornbread