Crock Pot Split Pea Ham Soup Recipe
Use up leftover holiday ham to make this Crock Pot Split Pea Ham Soup recipe.
- meaty leftover ham bone
- 4–5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. bag of dried split peas, rinsed well and cleaned
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 3 small bay leaves
- cracked pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a 6 quart crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove ham bone and pull off any meat that is stuck to the bone. Remove any pieces of fat or gristle you see.
- Return the ham to the crock pot and stir.
- Serve with buttered crispy French bread or crackers.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Soup Recipes
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 208
Keywords: Crock Pot Soup recipe, Crock Pot Split Pea Soup recipe, Leftover holiday ham recipe,