Crock Pot Spicy Chunky Potato Soup recipe
Crock Pot Spicy Chunky Potato Soup recipe is a bit creamy with chunks of potatoes. The canned chiles adds a nice spicy flavor to this warming cool weather soup recipe.
- 10 medium Russet potatoes, diced (about 10 cups diced potatoes)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced baby carrots
- two 4.5 oz cans mild chopped green chiles (use hot chiles if you really want it spicy)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large bay leave
- 8 cups water
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place all of the ingredients except the sour cream into a 7 quart crock pot and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Before serving remove half the cubed potatoes and puree them in a blender.
- Return the pureed potatoes to the crock pot and mix to combine well with the remaining potato chunks.
- Stir the sour cream into the soup.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese if desired.
- Make 8-10 servings.
- Serving Size: Bowl
- Calories: 660
Keywords: crock pot chunky potato soup recipe, crock pot spicy potato soup recipe, crock pot soup recipes, creamy crock pot soup recipe