Crock Pot Spicy Bean Soup Recipe
Crock Pot Spicy Bean Soup is made with a combination of canned beans and some of your favorite Mexican spices to give it a little kick of spicy flavor. Crock Pot Soup recipes are easy to make when you start with canned beans and some simple spices.
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- small onion, chopped
- 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 32 oz box of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (optional)
- Open each can of bean and pour into a fine mesh strain and run cold water over them to rinse well.
- Add the rinsed beans to the crock pot. Add the can of diced tomatoes, the can of green chiles, the diced onion and the minced garlic to the crock pot.
- Next add the chili powder, ground basil, fresh or dried oregano, fresh or dried parsley, and the bay leaf to the crock pot.
- If making a vegetarian soup add the vegetable broth to the crock pot. Otherwise, add the chicken broth to the crock pot.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and slow cook the Spicy Bean Soup for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low in the crock pot.
- Right before serving mix in the shredded cheese until melted and combined if using.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Soup Recipes
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 320
- Fiber: 11.7g
- Protein: 19.5g
Keywords: crock pot bean soup recipe, crock pot spicy bean soup recipe, crock pot vegetarian soup recipe, bean soup recipe