Crock Pot Smoked Barbecue Beef Brisket Recipe
Crock Pot Smoked Barbecue Beef Brisket is moist and tender when you slow cook it.
- The night before planning to cook: The night before you plan to cook the brisket place the meat into a ziplock bag or a container with a tight-fitting lid. Pour the liquid smoke into the container. Close the container and squash the bag or shake the container so the liquid smoke covers the brisket. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cooking day: Slice the onion with a sharp paring knife and place the slices on the bottom of the slow cooker in a single layer.
- Marinated Brisket: Remove the brisket from the container you marinated it in. Place the meat (fat side up) on top of the sliced onion pieces in the slow cooker. Discard the liquid smoke marinade.
- Season the meat: Sprinkle salt and pepper over the brisket. Spread the minced garlic over the top of the meat and use a silicone spatula to rub the garlic into the top of the meat. Pour the Worcestershire sauce over the top of the meat.
- Slow Cook the brisket: Slow cook the brisket following the directions below.
- Prep the brisket the night before planning to cook by placing the brisket in a ziplock bag or a container with the 1/4 – 1/2 cup liquid smoke. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- On the day you plan to cook the brisket place the sliced onion in the bottom of a 7-quart or 8-quart crock pot.
- Drain the liquid smoke from the bag or container and place the brisket fat side up in the slow cooker.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. Rub the minced garlic over the top of the meat.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce over the top of the brisket.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- One hour before the brisket is done pour the barbecue sauce over the meat, recover and continue to slow cook for the remaining time.
- Remove the brisket from the crock pot and place it on a platter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the brisket against the grain.
- Serve as desired.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Slow Cooking Brisket Tips
- Brisket fat cap on or off? The fat cap on a brisket should be left on while cooking. It will help baste the meat as it cooks and will keep the brisket tender. After the brisket has cooked and rested you can remove the thick piece of fat.
- When is a slow cooker bbq brisket done? Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the bbq brisket. The internal temperature should be between 185 F. and 200 F at the thickest part of the brisket.
- Serving Size: 4 Slices
- Calories: 540
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 39.1g
Keywords: Crock Pot Beef Brisket recipe, Smokey Beef Brisket, Brisket recipe, Crock Pot recipes, Crock Pot Barbecue Beef Brisket