Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya Recipe
Crock Pot Shrimp Sausage Jambalaya recipe is made with Cajun Style Andouille Sausage, large shrimp and fresh ingredients and spices that give it that spicy Cajun flavor you love. Serve this slow cooker Jambalaya over white rice with crusty bread so you can sop up the spicy gravy.
- 12 oz Cajun Style Andouille Sausage, browned in a skillet and sliced
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, (adjust if needed after cooking)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- Brown the sausage in a skillet, cool and slice.
- Pour the diced tomatoes into the crock pot. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, bay leaf and garlic to the crock pot.
Add the Cajun seasoning and fresh parsley. Add the sliced sausage and broth.
- Cover the crock pot and cook for 3 hours on high, 4 or 5 hours on low.
- After 3 hours add the cleaned shrimp, stir and recover. Cook another 15 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Remaining cooking time will depend on the size of shrimp used and if you are cooking on high or low.
- If you like a thicker broth mix the cornstarch with the water and add to the crock pot and mix in well to thicken the broth.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
- Makes 6 Servings.
- Calories: 296
- Carbohydrates: 801g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 24.6g
Keywords: Crock Pot Jambalaya, Shrimp Jambalaya, Sausage Jambalaya, Spicy Crock Pot recipes,