This Crock Pot Shredded Beef recipe is one of those crock pot recipes that you are going to want to make over and over again. Crock Pot Shredded Beef can be used in all of your favorite authentic Mexican recipes.
- 4 1/2 pound Bottom Round Roast
- 1 small onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, quartered, seeds and membrane removed
- 10 cloves garlic
- juice of three limes
- juice or two oranges
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Place the roast into the bottom of a crock pot and pierce all over.
- Put the next 9 ingredients into a blender and pulse until liquified.
- Pour half the homemade mojo marinade over the roast, reserving the leftover marinade.
- Cover the crock pot and let the meat marinade for 3-5 hours in the crock in the refrigerator. You can leave it to marinade overnight if needed.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat if pull apart tender.
- Remove the layer of fat from the roast.
- Mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons cool water.
- Pour into the crock pot and mix well.
- Turn heat up to high and cook until the sauce has thickened.
Check out the Flour On My Face Mexican food category for more authentic Mexican recipes.