Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew
A delicious chunky and spicy Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew recipe.
- 2 1/2 pounds of beef stew meat
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet bell peppers
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 10 oz can Rotel Tomatoes and Chilies
- 15.4 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh oregano
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and brown the beef stew meat. Do not over crowd the skillet with meat and add more oil as needed.
- Place the browned stew meat into a 6 or 7 quart crock pot.
- Add the pinto beans and black beans to the crock pot.
- Next add the diced onion, chopped sweet bell peppers, and minced garlic.
- Add the un-drained stewed tomatoes and Rotel Tomatoes and chilies to the crock pot.
- Add the ground cumin and dried oregano to the crock pot.
- Add the Salsa Verde to the crock pot and mix well to combine.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 6 to eight hours.
- Serves 8.
- Calories: 650
- Carbohydrates: 88g
- Fiber: 20.6g
- Protein: 54.3g
Keywords: Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Stew, Mexican Beef Stew, Spicy Beef Stew, Stew Meat Recipes, Crock Pot Beef Recipes