Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice
New Orleans Style Crock Pot Red Beans Rice recipe has all the flavors of your favorite creole food. Spicy Andouille Sausage adds so much flavor to dried red kidney beans.
- 1 lb dry red kidney beans, rinsed, cleaned and soaked for 1 hour
- 14 oz package Andouille Sausage (I used Johnsonville New Orleans Andouille Sausage)
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (adjust for your own taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Clean the beans and soak for 1 hour in cool water. Drain and rinse the beans, discarding the soaking water.
- Place the beans in a 6 quart crock pot.
- Slice the sausage into medallions and fry in a large skillet until browned. Remove the sausage from the skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- In the same skillet melt the stick of butter and saute the onion, pepper, celery and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the contents of the skillet to the crock pot.
- Add the water, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning to crock pot.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours until beans are tender. For creamy beans mash some of the beans with the back of a spoon on the wall of the slow cooker.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Creole
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl without Rice
- Calories: 281
Keywords: Crock Pot Red Beans recipe, Creole Crock Pot recipes, Spicy Crock Pot recipes, Sausage Soup