Creamy Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup
Crock Pot Pumpkin soup is creamy and delicious. A perfect way to enjoy the fresh flavor of Fall pumpkins.
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg (or more to taste)
- 4 cups of Pumpkin Puree (I used my Instant Pot Pumpkin Puree) or two 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of real Maple Syrup
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup half and half or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) (see notes for Cinnamon Maple Toasted Pumpkin Seeds recipe)
- Saute the onion and apple in a skillet with the butter or coconut oil if using until the onion is almost translucent. Add the salt, ground pepper, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg to the skillet and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked onion and apple pieces to the crock pot.
- Add the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and chicken stock or vegetable stock if using to the crock pot mixing to combine. Cook on low for eight hours.
- When the pumpkin soup is finished cooking add the half and half then use a stick blender to blend the soup until creamy.
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of Cinnamon Maple Toasted Pumpkin Seeds over each bowl of soup before serving. (optional)
- Makes 6 servings.
To Make Cinnamon Maple Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions to make Cinnamon Maple Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Serving Size: Bowl
- Calories: 752
- Carbohydrates: 52.3g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 19.1g
Keywords: pumpkin soup recipe, crock pot pumpkin soup, pumpkin recipes, roasted pumpkin seeds