Take advantage of the end of pumpkin season and make this Crock Pot Pumpkin Puree in a slow cooker.
- 1 small pumpkin (about 3 lbs), washed, stem removed and seeds scraped out
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash the pumpkin well. Cut the top off and scoop out the seeds.
- Add the water and cinnamon to the crock pot.
- Place the whole pumpkin into the crock pot, cutting it in half if you need to so it will fit.
- Cook for 4-6 hours or until the meat of the pumpkin is fork tender.
- Turn crock pot off and allow to cool completely.
- Remove the pumpkin from the crock pot and place in a bowl.
- Scoop the soft pumpkin flesh from the skin and store in a bowl or mason jar in the refrigerator.
- Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cups of pumpkin puree.
Make Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter out of your Crock Pot Pumpkin Puree
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 6