- Place the pot roast, potatoes, carrots and celery into a crock pot. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the dry onion soup over the top of the ingredients.
- Pour the beef broth in.
- Place the cover on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Once the meat is cooked and fall apart tender mix the water with the corn starch and add to the slow cooker. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the broth.
- Recover and continue to heat until gravy has thickened.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker to a serving platter.
- Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes then slice or pull apart and serve with the vegetables.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 673