Crock Pot Pork Chalupas are little boats filled with a savory pork and bean filling topped with your favorite Mexican food toppings like cheese, tomato, salsa and sour cream.
- 2 – 3 lb boneless pork shoulder or pork loin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano flakes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 oz can green chilies
- 2 cans 15 oz Pinto Beans with liquid
- Lettuce, tortilla boats or tostadas
Optional Chalupas Toppings
- shredded cheese
- diced tomatoes
- salsa verde
- black olives
- sour cream
- Place all the ingredients except the canned beans into a slow cooker and cook for 2 1/2 hours on high.
- Then pour the pinto beans over the pork loin, stir and cook for 2 more hours on high. Or 4-6 hours on low.
- Once the pork is cooked through remove from the slow cooker and allow the meat to rest about 15 minutes. Remove any fat, shred the pork and return to the slow cooker and mix well to combine the ingredients.
- If you’d like to thicken the juices mix 1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cool water and stir into the slow cooker. Cover and continue heating on high until thickened, about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Serve over lettuce, warm tortilla boats or fried tostadas and top with shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, black olives and salsa as desired.
- Serves 8 – 10
- Serving Size: 2 Chalupas