Crock Pot Pineapple Char Siu Pulled Pork recipe.
Sweet and tender pulled pork is an amazing pork recipe for sandwiches or sliders.
- 4–5 lb Boneless Pork Picnic
- 20 oz can Pineapple Chunks is Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 inch piece fresh garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Florida orange blossom honey
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- Pineapple Chunks (optional)
- Barbecue sauce (optional)
- green onion (optional)
- Asian Slaw (optional)
- Remove the plastic and string net from the pork roast and place it into a 4 quart crock pot slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix the next 8 ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the pork roast in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or 4-6 hours on high.
- Once the pork is cooked through and easily falls apart shred the pork either in the slow cooker or on a large baking sheet.
- To thicken the sauce mix the cornstarch and water. Add to the crock pot and increase heat to high.
- Continue cooking until the sauce has thickened, about an hour.
- To lightly brown the meat you can spread the pork over a cookie sheet and brown under the broiler, occasionally turn the meat to brown all sides.
- Can be serve on Kings Hawaiian Slider buns or hamburger buns.
- Top each slider with a chunk of pineapple, sprinkle of chopped green onion, Asian Slaw and a drizzle of your favorite sweet barbecue sauce.
- Calories: 371
Keywords: Crock Pot Pineapple Char Sui Pulled Pork recipe, Chinese Pork recipe, tender crock pot pork recipe, Char Sui Pulled Pork recipe