Crock Pot Pantry Soup
Make this delicious pantry soup recipe using basic ingredients you probably have in your pantry. I am sharing substitions you can use for the ingredients you don't have. I'm using boneless chicken but there are other meat options you can use!
I've also shared the stovetop cooking directions.
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 14 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can Rotel original diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large bay leaves
- 4 to 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup long-grain white rice or instant rice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cool water (optional)
- Put all of the soup ingredients into an 8-quart crock pot.
- Stir with a wooden spoon. Place the cover on the slow cooker. Set the temperature to high.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 7 hours on low.
- The chicken breasts are cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 165 F. degrees in the center of the thickest part of a breast.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the crock to a bowl and shred the meat.
- Add the rice and the shredded chicken to the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Add the cornstarch and water if using. Mix well, recover and continue to cook until the rice is tender about 1 hour.
Stovetop cooking directions
- Place all of the ingredients into an 8-quart or larger pot.
- Heat on high until rapidly boiling. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Shred the chicken and stir back into the pot. Add the rice and continue to simmer until the rice is tender. Long grain rice will take longer than Instant rice.
- Long Grain Rice will also thicken the soup if you don't have cornstarch.
- Calories: 249
- Carbohydrates: 33.8g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Protein: 22.2g
Keywords: Crock Pot Pantry Soup Recipe, Easy Soup Recipes, Basic Soup Ingredients