Crock Pot Mongolian Beef
Melt in your mouth Crock Pot Mongolian Beef is made with thinly sliced flank steak cooked in a sweet soy sauce and brown sugar sauce.
Serve Crock Pot Mongolian Beef over a bed of perfectly cooked white rice and enjoy your favorite Chinese recipe at home.
Crock Pot Mongolian Beef Ingredients
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- With a sharp knife carefully slice the flank steak against the grain into thin slices.
- Put the sliced flank steak into a 7-quart crock pot. Add the oil and toss the sliced meat to coat evenly.
- Add the minced garlic and minced ginger. Add the cornstarch and toss to coat. This step will prevent the cornstarch from clumping.
- Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, and water to the crock pot. Mix to combine and until the brown sugar is no longer lumpy.
- Add the julienned carrots if using.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over white rice.
- Makes 4 servings
- Calories: 775
Keywords: Crock Pot Mongolian Beef, Homemade Mongolian Beef, Homemade Chinese recipes, Flank Steak recipes