Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe is a delicous and meaty chicken soup recipe that is perfect for lunch or dinner on a cool fall or winter night.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken
- 10 oz bag frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (adjust after cooking)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 15.4 oz can drained and rinsed kidney, pinto or black beans
- Place the boneless chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Add the corn, undrained tomatoes, sliced bell pepper and onion to the crock pot.
- Next add the minced garlic, salt, pepper and ground cumin to the crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth in and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, high for 5 hours or until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking remove it from the crock pot and place it in a bowl. Use two forks to shred the chicken meat.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot and add a can of drained and rinsed kidney, pinto or black beans to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- If you like a thicker broth you can mix two tablespoons of corn starch with 3 tablespoons of water and add it to the crock pot stirring until it is mixed in. Recover the crock pot and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes for the bean to heat up and the broth to thicken.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Serve with white rice and flour tortilla wedges if desired.
- Category: Crock Pot Soup Recipe
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrates: 58.2g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 18.3g
Keywords: Crock Pot Mexican Chicken Soup, Mexican recipes, Crock Pot Chicken Soup recipe,