Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese recipe
Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese made with Velveeta is a Bob Evans copycat mac and cheese recipe perfect for a holiday side dish.
- 16 oz box Large Elbow Macaroni
- 16 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 oz Velveeta Cheese, cut into cubes
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Boil elbow macaroni for 5 minutes, drain and put into the crock pot.
- Add 12 ounces of the shredded sharp cheddar cheese, reserving 4 ounces.
- Add the Velveeta cheese, the evaporated milk, half and half or milk if using and the salt and pepper to the crock pot and stir well.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours occasionally stirring until the macaroni is cooked through. If it starts to look dry add 1/2 cup of half and half or milk. (see notes)
- 30 minutes before the end of cooking time add the remaining 4 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar to the top of the mac and cheese.
- Cover the crock pot and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Turn the crock pot to the warm setting and serve as needed.
- 8 or more servings.
Crock Pots can heat and cooked differently depending on the size and brand used. Some have hot spots that may cause scorching of the thick cheese sauce.
Occasionally stir the macaroni and cheese to prevent scorching. If it starts to look like the cheese is getting scorched or too thick the macaroni and cheese may start drying out before the macaroni has cooked completely add 1/2 cup of half and half or milk as needed.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 424
Keywords: crock pot macaroni and cheese with Velveeta, Bob Evans copycat mac and cheese recipe, crock pot macaroni and cheese recipe