You know what tastes delicious on a cold Fall evening? Crock Pot Loaded Potato Soup does. I love a good baked potato loaded up with all the extras. What better way to warm up then to combine the two and serve it in a bowl.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 cups peeled and diced Idaho baking potatoes
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounce bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- green onions, optional
- extra sour cream, optional
- Peel, dice and rinse potatoes well.
- Add the chicken broth, onion, salt, pepper and potatoes to the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4-8 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through mix the corn starch with the milk and add to the crock pot stirring well.
- Next add the cheese, sour cream and all but 1/4 cup of the crumbled bacon to the crock pot.
- Cook for another hour or until the cheese is melted and the soup is creamy and has thickened.
- Serve with a teaspoon of sour cream, a pinch of the remaining crumbled bacon and green onions if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 736
- Carbohydrates: 52.4g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 31.1
Keywords: loaded potato soup recipe, crock pot potato soup, bacon, potato soup