Crock Pot Lentil Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Crock Pot Lentil Butternut Squash Soup is a delicious and healthy fall soup recipe that is very easy to make. Dried lentils are easy to cook when you slow cook them. Fresh cubed butternut squash add just the right amount of fall flavors. This crock pot soup recipes is delicious and perfect anytime of the year.
Made with vegetable stock this lentil bean soup is vegetarian.
- 2 cups raw peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 14 oz can whole or diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown lentil beans, rinsed and picked of debris
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large bay leaf
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Rinse the brown lentil beans under cold water in a fine mesh strainer and drain well.
- Cut the butternut squash in have and clean the center of strings by using a spoon to scrap them out of the center. Cut the butternut squash into small pieces and peel the tough outer skin with a vegetable peeler.
- Place the butternut squash into the crock pot.
- Add the diced celery, diced carrots and diced onion to the crock pot.
- Open the can of whole tomatoes and pour them with the liquid into the crock pot.
- Add the rinsed and drained lentil beans to the crock pot.
- Next add the minced garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme and bay leaf to the crock pot.
- Add the vegetable broth to the crock pot.
- Place the lid on and cook for 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Makes 6 servings.
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Carbohydrates: 46.4g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Protein: 13.5g
Keywords: crock pot soup recipe, crock pot vegetarian soup recipe, crock pot lenitl and butternut squash soup, butternut squash recipe, fall soup recipe