Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Soup Recipe
Crock Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Soup has all your favorite Jamaican Jerk Chicken flavors served up in a nice big bowl of soup. It is nice and spicy with the bold flavors of the Caribbean from a Jamaican Jerk seasoning blend.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup long grain white rice, rinsed well
- 1 can black beans, rinsed well
- Toss the chicken strips with 3 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the new Crock-Pot 6-Quart 5-in-1 Multi-Cooker set on the browning setting or a skillet on the stove.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the multi-cooker or skillet. Brown for about 3 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the multi cooker or skillet. Toss for about 3 minutes.
- If using the new Crock-Pot 6-Quart 5-in-1 Multi-Cooker switch the setting to slow cooker and set the time to 3 hours.
- If using a skillet turn your crock pot slow cooker to low and carefully transfer the contents of the skillet to the slow cooker.
- Proceed with slow cooker directions below
- Add the minced garlic, cumin, pepper, salt, and 1 teaspoon of jerk seasoning to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine. Add the chicken broth , cover and cook for three hours on low.
- After 3 hours increase the heat to high and add the black beans and rice to the slow cooker.
- Cook an additional hour or until the rice is tender.
- Serves 4-6
- Category: Crock Pot Soup Recipes
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: Jamaican
- Calories: 105
Keywords: Jamaican jerk chicken soup, Crock Pot Chicken Soup, Spicy Chicken Soup, Crock Pot Jamaican Chicken Soup