Save money on your grocery bill with this easy Crock Pot Italian Ground Beef and Rice Casserole recipe.
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained well
- 32 oz low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 can stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice, rinsed under cold water
- 1 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet until cooked through. Drain well. Set aside.
- Pour the beef broth into the crock pot, and add the onion soup mix and cornstarch. Whisk together until all lumps are broken up.
- Next add the ground beef, stewed tomatoes, uncooked rice and Italian seasoning to the crock pot. With a large spoon mix until combined.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 or 6 hours or until the rice is cooked but still has a slight bite to it.
- Turn the crock pot off immediately once the rice is cooked and transfer the Italian Beef and Rice Casserole to a serving bowl to prevent the rice from overcooking.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 244
Keywords: Ground Beef Casserole recipe, Crock Pot Ground Beef recipes, Summer Crock Pot Recipes