German Crock Pot Ham Cabbage Potato Soup recipe made with leftover ham and fennel.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, diced, about 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 small onion, diced, about 1 cup
- 1 leek, diced about 2 cups
- 2 carrots, diced, about 1 cup
- 2 cups diced ham, (I used my leftover Thanksgiving ham)
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 64 oz beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Dice and chop all of the vegetables (except the parsley) and add them to a 6 or 7 quart crock pot slow cooker.
- Add the diced ham to the slow cooker.
- Next add the salt, pepper, bay leaves and nutmeg to the crock pot.
- Pour the beef broth over all of the ingredients in the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cook for 4 -5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- An hour before done add the chopped parsley to the slow cooker, recover and continue to cook.
- Before serving stir the sour cream into the soup or add a tablespoon of sour cream to each serving
- Serves 8.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 1 large bowl
- Calories: 185
Keywords: cabbage soup recipe, German Potato Soup recipe, Cabbage Potato Crock Pot recipe