Crock Pot Ham Cabbage Potato Soup recipe made with leftover ham, fresh cabbage, diced potato and chopped fennel is perfect for Octoberfest. This German style soup recipes is full of rich flavors from the vegetables and ham slow cooking for hours.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, diced, about 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 small onion, diced, about 1 cup
- 1 leek, diced about 2 cups
- 2 carrots, diced, about 1 cup
- 2 cups diced ham, (I used my leftover Thanksgiving ham)
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 64 oz beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Dice and chop all of the vegetables (except the parsley) and add them to a 6 or 7 quart crock pot slow cooker.
- Add the diced ham to the slow cooker.
- Next add the salt, pepper, bay leaves and nutmeg to the crock pot.
- Pour the beef broth over all of the ingredients in the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cook for 4 -5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- An hour before done add the chopped parsley to the slow cooker, recover and continue to cook.
- Before serving stir the sour cream into the soup or add a tablespoon of sour cream to each serving
- Serves 8.
- Serving Size: 1 large bowl
- Calories: 185
Keywords: cabbage soup recipe, German Potato Soup recipe, Cabbage Potato Crock Pot recipe