How To Make Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe made with russet potatoes and homemade roasted garlic.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and rinsed well
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 heads of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3/4 cup milk
- Cut the top off each garlic head, wrap in aluminum or parchment paper, leaving an opening at the top. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over each head of garlic and close up the top.
- Place the garlic bundles in a cake pan and roast at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until the garlic cloves are golden brown.
- While the garlic is roasting peel the potatoes and rinse well.
- Place the potatoes into a crock pot with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and one stick of butter.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook for 3 hours or until tender and potatoes fall apart when you pierce them with a fork.
- Remove the roasted garlic cloves from the garlic head by squeezing the bulb until the softened garlic cloves are free from the paper. Place the roasted garlic cloves and any olive oil that accumulated as you squeeze the cloves free in a bowl until you are ready to beat the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are done add the remaining salt, pepper and parsley to the crock pot.
- Using a handheld mixer with out turning it on mash the potatoes until all the pieces are broken apart.
- Add the butter and roasted garlic to the crock pot and beat for about one minute.
- Add the milk to the crock pot and beat for one or two minutes.
- If you like lumpy potatoes one minute will be enough beating.
- For lump-free potatoes beat for two minutes.
- Category: Crock Pot Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 336
Keywords: crock pot mashed potatoes, homemade roasted garlic potatoes, crock pot holiday side dish, crock pot potatoes recipe