Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Eggnog French Toast Casserole ffor Christmas breakfast or brunch.
- 2–3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 loaf bakery style sliced bread, divided (about 18 pieces)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, mixed well
- Spread butter in bottom and up the sides of the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Lightly toast 5 pieces of bread, cut into cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, cinnamon,nutmeg, vanilla extract and eggnog. Set aside.
- Cover bottom of the Crock-Pot® slow cooker with a single layer of the remaining untoasted bread slices.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the raisins over the sliced bread.
- Repeat with another layer of bread and raisins.
- Spread the toasted bread cubes evenly over the top of the last bread layer in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining raisins over the top.
- Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle over the top of the toasted bread cubes.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
- Makes about 8 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 816