Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken
Crock Pot Creamy Herbed Chicken recipe made with fresh rosemary, thyme and parsely slow cooked until tender and served with a creamy gravy over white rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 to 3 lbs)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 1 carrot sliced or 1/2 cup carrot sticks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cool water
- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- cooked noodles or rice
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Heat the olive oil in a skillet on high. Lightly brown the chicken breasts on both sides in a the hot olive oil.
- Place the browned chicken pieces in a crock pot in a single layer.
- Add the onion and carrot to the crock pot.
- Add the herbs to the crock pot and pour the chicken broth over the ingredients.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook for 2 and a half hours on high or 4 to 5 on low or until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Once the chicken is cooked through the center mix remove 2 cups of the chicken broth from the crock pot and discard. Mix the cornstarch with the cool water and stir into the remaining broth in the crock pot. Replace the lid and cook for 15 minutes or until the broth has thickened slightly.
- Next, add the can of cream of chicken soup to the crock pot and mix into the broth. At this point, you can shred the chicken if you want or continue to cook until the creamy gravy has heated.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of cooked white rice or wide egg noodles.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 403
- Carbohydrates: 24.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 45.1g
Keywords: Crock Pot Creamy Chicken, Crock Pot Chicken recipe, Boneless Chicken recipe, Herbed Chicken Recipe