Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Salsa makes a great dinner. If you love chicken salsa you are going to love this creamy version served over white rice. You only need a couple of ingredients to make this awesome meal.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 medium breasts)
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- black beans
- cooked long grain white rice
- shredded cheese
- extra salsa (optional)
- Place the boneless chicken breasts in the crock pot. Dump the jar of salsa in and sprinkle the taco seasoning over the salsa.
- Mix the taco seasoning in as much as you can.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours or when the chicken breasts are cooked to an internal temperature of 165 F. or higher remove the chicken breasts from the crock pot and place on a plate. Use two forks to shred the chicken meat. Put the shredded chicken back into the crock pot and mix well to combine with the sauce.
- Using a large spoon carefully mix in the sour cream.
- Serve the crock pot creamy chicken salsa over cooked white rice with black beans.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and serve.
- Calories: 337
Keywords: Crock Pot Mexican recipes, Chicken Salsa, Crock Pot Chicken recipe