Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and White Rice Recipe
Creamy Chicken and White Rice is so easy to make in the slow cooker. This easy crock pot chicken and rice casserole is made with boneless chicken, cream of chicken soup, Instant rice and diced vegetables. It cooks in less than 4 hours and is a comfort food your family will love.
- two 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1/3 cup of diced carrots see notes
- 1 1/2 cups of instant rice
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb cubed uncooked chicken (i used white meat but you could use cubed skinless boneless chicken thigh meat)
- 1/2 cup peas
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the onion, celery and carrots by dicing them with a sharp paring knife.
- Prepare the chicken by trimming any fat, slicing into strips and cutting into cubes.
- Open the cans of cream of chicken soup and pour them into a casserole crock pot or 8 quart crock pot. Scrape the inside of the cans with a spatula to get all of the condensed soup out.
- Add the milk to the crock pot and use a metal whisk to combine.
- Add the diced onion, celery and carrots to the crock pot.
- Next add the instant rice, shredded cheese and cubed chicken meat. Mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined with the chicken and rice evenly distributed.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until the chicken is cooked completely and the rice is tender. If needed add 1/4 cup of milk if the mixture seems to be getting too dry as it cooks if the instant rice absorbs all of the liquids.
- Once the chicken and rice is done add the peas and black pepper and stir. Recover and continue to cook for a few more minutes until the peas are warm before serving.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Calories: 309
- Carbohydrates: 32.4g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 24.3g
Keywords: Crock Pot Chicken and White Rice, Crock Pot Chicken and White Rice, Creamy Chicken and Rice