This chicken crock pot recipe only has 4 ingredients, is delicious and is a perfect week night meal for busy Moms.
- 2 to 2 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 15 oz jar of creamy Alfredo sauce (or make my easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce recipe it is the best homemade Alfredo sauce ever)
- 19 oz package of cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer into a crock pot. I used my favorite Crock Pot Casserole Slow Cooker.
- Pour half the jar of Alfredo sauce over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken pieces. Occasionally check for done-ness.
- When the chicken is cooked through use two forks to shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Cook the tortellini following the directions on the package. I followed the microwave cooking directions and the tortellini was cooked perfectly.
- Add the cooked tortellini, remaining Alfredo sauce and cheese to the crock pot.
- Mix well and recover the crock pot. Allow the cheese to melt and the tortellini and Alfredo sauce to heat up and come to the same temperature.
- Serve with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese over each serving and salad and bread if desired.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- Calories: 633
- Carbohydrates: 65.1g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 56.8g