- 2 cans whole berry cranberry sauce
boxwhite cake mix
- juice and zest 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In the bottom of a 4-quart crock pot put the cranberry sauce, orange zest, cinnamon and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix the orange juice with the cornstarch and add to the crock pot, mix well.
- Remove one cup of cake mix from the box mix and place in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the remaining cake mix over the cranberry mixture and level with the back of a spoon.
- Cut the butter into pieces and evenly scatter across the top of the cake mix.
- Mix the remaining cup of cake mix with the sugar and sliced almonds.
- Sprinkle over the top of the butter.
- Cook on high 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the cake is cooked through.
- Can be cooked on low for 3-4 hours.
- Turn the crock pot off as soon as the cake is cooked through to prevent burning around the edges and bottom.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
If the center of the cake is being stubborn and seems like it is never going to cook stir the center of the undercooked cake mix and cook for about 15 more minutes. The heat from the filling will help cook the cake mix.