If you need a hearty dinner recipe for the meat and potato lover in the family this Crock Pot Cowboy Casserole is for you!
- vegetable spray
- 5 cups frozen Southern Style Hash Brown Potatoes, divided
- 1.5 lbs browned and drained ground beef (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup
- 1 soup can full of milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2–1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 15 oz. can corn kernels, drained
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Spray the bottom of a casserole crock pot.
- Spread 3 cups of hash brown potatoes evenly over the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a separate bowl mix the cream soup, sour cream, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, garlic powder, salt and half teaspoon ground pepper.
- Add the ground beef to the bowl, mix well and spread over the hash browns in the crock pot.
- Spread the can of drained corn over the top.
- Spread the remaining 2 cups of hash browns over the top and sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low or until the hash browns are cooked through.
- minutes before serving sprinkle the remaining 2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese over the top, recover and heat until cheese has melted.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 531
Keywords: Cowboy Casserole, Crock Pot Casserole recipes, ground beef crock pot recipes