Crock Pot Cowboy Bean soup recipe is hearty dried bean soup and ground beef soup recipe that is perfect on a cold winter evening or served at your next backyard bbq
- Hurst’s HamBeens Brand BBQ Style Cowboy Beans
- 1 lb ground beef browned and drained well
- 8 ounces bacon, diced, fried crispy and drained on a paper towel
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 3 large cloves fresh garlic minced (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 15.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 64 oz beef broth (two 32 oz cartons)
- Brown the ground beef and fry the bacon and set aside.
- Prep the dried beans by rinsing in a colander and picking out and debris.
- Put the rinsed beans into a 7 quart or larger crock pot.
- Add the drained ground beef and bacon to the crock pot.
- Add the diced onion and bell peppers to the crock pot.
- Add the minced garlic and stewed tomatoes to the crock pot.
- Add the salt, pepper and the seasoning pack that came with the beans to the crock pot.
- Pour the beef broth into the crock pot and stir to mix the soup ingredients.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on high for 6 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours or until the bean are tender.
- Once done serve the Cowboy Bean Soup with corn bread or crusty Italian bread.
- Makes about 8 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Soup Recipe
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 426
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Protein: 30g
Keywords: Crock Pot Cowboy Bean Soup, Crock Pot Beans Soup recipe, Crock Pot Dried Bean Soup Recipe