Crock Pot Christmas Wassail
Celebrate the holidays with a warm and spicy mug of this Crock Pot Christmas Wassail recipe. Hot Apple cider recipes can be served straight from the crock pot during the festive holiday season.
- 3 black tea bags
- 3 cup water
- 8 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks, plus more for garnish
- 12 whole cloves
- 3 cups whole cranberries, for garnish
- 1 or 2 orange cut into very thin slices, for garnish
- In a small saucepan boil the water and add the tea bags. Return to a boil and remove from the burner to steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the apple cider, cranberry juice, and orange juice into the slow cooker.
- Pour the steeped tea into the crock pot and add the sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the whole cinnamon sticks and whole cloves to the crock pot. Cover and heat on high for 2 to 4 hours.
- Before serving remove the whole cloves and cinnamon sticks from the slow cooker.
- Add the 3 cups of cranberries to the slow cooker. Arrange the orange slices and a couple of cinnamon sticks on top of the whole cranberries for garnish.
- Serve in a mug with whole cranberries, a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick.
- Makes 12 servings.
- Category: Crock Pot Recipes
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Mug
- Calories: 157
Keywords: Crock Pot Wassail recipe, Christmas Wassail recipe, Hot Apple Cider recipes, Crock Pot Hot Apple Cider drinks