- 1 box Duncan Hines Decadent Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup water
- Turn crock pot on high to heat.
- Spray inside of a 4 quart crock pot with cooking spray.
- Pour can of cherry pie filling in.
- Sprinkle the large packet of cake mix over the cherry filling and even out the top.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top of the dry cake mix.
- Cover the top of the crock pot with a double layer of paper towels. Place the lid over the paper towels.
- Cook on low for one and a half hours.
- After the 1 1/2 hours are up mix the small package of cake filling with 1/3 cup water.
- Dollop the filling on top of the cake mix.
- Replace the damp paper towels with new dry paper towels and turn the heat down to low for 30. Cook 30 minutes for the topping to melted.
- Turn the crock pot off and cool before serving.
- Add a scoop of ice cream or cool whip (optional).